The latest Art Challenge is Spring Daffodils in Abstraction
Goodness! – We’ve just realised that it is almost a year since Gabby and I began these online art challenges and here we are again with challenge number 10. We hope that you will enjoy this theme with a touch of Spring and abstraction!
Gabby and I noted that you enjoyed the flat colours of the last theme (Birds & Jungles) and, also, that Linda had followed, and recommended, Tracy Verdugo’s, “How to paint abstract art for beginners.” So, with that in mind and a touch of Spring in the air – here we go!
STARTER and ACTIVITIES TO TRY:
- Take a little look at the images, which are included here.
- I have put a note beside each one to help you decide which approach you may like to try.
- Can you pick or buy some daffodils for inspiration (or to simply enjoy?)
- Start by sketching out some ideas, shapes, lines, outlines, compositions and colours.
- You could try several different mediums with the same subject (crayons, pastels, watercolour, dilute acrylic, pen and inks or even collage.)
Just play! Don’t get all precious about this preparatory work.
YOU WILL NEED SOME OF THESE THINGS:
Paper, Pencils, Pens, Inks, Watercolours or Acrylics, Crayons or pastels, papers for collage, wax, brushes, palette, marking tools such as sticks, credit card etc.
If you have a little box for equipment and a place for art – is becomes easier to dip in and out of it, rather than setting up and collecting everything each time.
Enjoy being creative and we will keep you busy!!
Love Gabby and Judith